Friday, January 27, 2012

Run, Run, Run

Recently, I have been trying to get into running.  As mentioned here I did a 5k last year with my sister and would really like to do a 10k this April and possible a half-marathon in September.


I have been using the Couch to 10k app on my phone:

pic 

So far so good :) I have even been running a little more than it says so hopefully I can be ready in less than 14 weeks.


I found this awesome 5k in New York that I would also love to do called The Color Run


Here is the run down ... It is a 5k for any level ... runner or walker ... young or not so young.  Everyone starts off the run in a white t-shirt and at each kilometer a different color is thrown from the crowd.  



Don't worry it is not paint.  It is a "magical color dust" that is 100% natural and safe. 

Anyone interested in running this with me?  The New York race is on August 25th and registration starts February 1st.  

Let's Run Peeps!!!

xoxxo


2 comments:

  1. Hey love! I would so love to do the color run with you! I think that would be a great motivator for me. I've never done a 5K! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!! You know I don't like to get dirty, but this could be SO FUN!!! :)

    ReplyDelete