Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Favorites!

I have recently become obsessed with a few things.  All these things help with my commitment to wellness!

1. Quinoa ( pronounced keen-wah).

pic from here 

We replaced couscous with quinoa in one of our favorite dinner recipes and I fell in love.

Please ignore the horrible presentation (as my brother so kindly pointed
out when I sent him this picture) I was starving!


I made it with shelled edamame for lunch and it gave me tons of energy for the rest of my day.  Quinoa is a great source of protein and dietary fiber.  It is also gluten-free!!

According to this site you can also make popcorn from quinoa!! Popcorn is my favorite food, I am definitely going to have to try this!!

2.  Apple Cinnamon Chobani

pic from here

I LOVE Chobani and was so excited to see this new flavor.  It is the perfect blend of apple and cinnamon.  I just purchased the Blood Orange today and can't wait to try it.  Chobani is on sale at Target for $1 for the next two weeks,  I have been stocking up.

3. Up by Jawbone


I purchased the Up by Jawbone right after the new year and it has been great.  The Up is a band you wear that tracks your sleep, activity and meals.  I need to get better tracking my meals, but I find the sleep tracker and activity tracker fascinating:

this is a typical day working in retail, but
you can also put it in activity mode and track your workout


The Up by Jawbone can do so much more, but I haven't used it enough to write a full review.  To read more about it just visit the website:  Up by Jawbone

Anyone have good recipes for Quinoa?  Own a Jawbone, what do you think?

Hope everyone has a great day off tomorrow or if you are working like me, try not to hate everyone who posts about their great 3 day weekend!! 

xoxxo


1 comment:

  1. i like to put quinoa in anything i would put brown rice in- mostly stir fries or as a base to any veggie dish. It's so good for you! I didn't like it at first- I could taste the chemical on it that makes birds leave it alone! I have to be sure to rinse it really well before cooking.

    ReplyDelete