Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Weekend Rewind

Even though I worked all weekend, I still got out early enough to enjoy time with Trevor.  There are a few things in life that I enjoy doing so much, I jump up and down and squeal when I find out that we are going to do them.  Pumpkin Picking is ONE of the!!

Trevor got to experience me acting like a maniac when he said we could go pick pumpkins and have cider donuts when I got home from work Saturday.  I was literally jumping up & down.





After googling a place to go, we decided on the closest location to us, Ellms Family Farm. Little did we know it was going to cost us $ 54 to get some pumpkins!!

$9.50 x 2 - to get into the place

$27 for 3 pumpkins

$8 for 2 cider donuts(that tasted like they 
were from Price Chopper) and
2 cups of cider


It was a good time, I just wouldn't say $57 worth of a good time!! haha oh well!

5'2 and proud of it!!

5'10, maybe 5'11??

We laughed the whole way home about how bad we just got ripped off and decided we needed to go out for a walk around Saratoga Springs.

As we were walking, of course I noticed a new sign "$5 wine tasting, 6 wines of your choice."  Swedish Hill Winery (located in the Finger Lakes) opened a tasting room right around the corner from us! How could we say no??

It was a great tasting and I will go back sometime this week to make a few purchases.  We could have done 10 wine tastings for the cost of our pumpkins, now that's a bargain.

We walked around a little more and decided on Peebody's for dinner.  The food was good and our waitress was very friendly, but the service was a little slow.  We called it an early night after that considering I had to be at work at 4am Sunday.



After work Sunday, it was off to End Zone (they need a better website) to watch the Buffalo Bills beat the Philadelphia Eagles!

Then we went to Trevor's moms house for a birthday celebration for his brother Jeremy.  It was great to spend some time with the family!!


Overall great weekend.

Days until Disney: 6!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment