Wednesday, September 7, 2011

More Charleston Love

As promised, more from our visit to Charleston ...

Saturday

After waking up early and having some coffee, Scott cooked us all up some yummy omelets!!

We were off to downtown, but first did a quick driving tour of Daniel Island.  The houses were BIG & Beautiful and reminded me of an even fancier desperate housewives neighborhood (I see why Sarah says they should make "The Real Housewives of Daniel Island").  Seriously, people drive golf carts around and moms run with strollers!!

Downtown Adventures:

We parked in a parking garage for FREE!!  We covered A LOT like 5 miles of downtown.  First we hit up the farmers market, which was packed with people and tons of stands.

Fresh Fruit

... AND ...

Fresh Donuts 

We could have went for a refreshing piece of fruit, but we could not pass up the smell of those fresh donuts! 

These donuts were unlike any donuts 
we ever had!!!
 HOLY melt in your mouth AMAZINGNESS!!


Next, we did some shopping on Kings St. and I insisted on stopping in Urban Outfitters.  It was all I dreamed of and I bought a scarf because I could't leave without something!

We hit up Rainbow Row:

I fell in love

with all the colors.

A little paint job on one of the houses. 



Then we walked through Waterfront Park and Battery Park.  I can see Trevor and I walking/running/biking around both on a daily basis. 



Took a little rest here. 

After our rest, we were back to walking.  We walked through beautiful neighborhoods.  The houses were all so different and had so much character.  Check out some of the character:


This adorable little guy 

Loved these!

Hard to tell, but these trees are so cool.  
The feel like plastic.


Last stop in downtown was the Historic Charleston City Market.  We took a quick walk through, Trev and I bought a Rainbow Row ornament :) 

We were all exhausted and famished!! Must stop on the way home was Chic-fil-a, it was delicious

Back to Sarah and Scott's for a NAP!  Speaking of nap, I am exhausted so that's all the weekend recapping I have in me for today. 


Coming up tomorrow ... the rest of Saturday and Sunday Funday! 

xoxxo

No comments:

Post a Comment