Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Eve

Hello Y'all!!
Happy Thanksgiving Eve! 

I am so excited about our first Thanksgiving in Charleston and also my first time cooking Thanksgiving dinner.  Friends of ours (Scott and Sarah) invited us to celebrate Thanksgiving with them, but with my crazy work schedule we decided it would be easier to just stay home.  Now that we are getting into it, I don't know if easier is the word ... Who knew so much went in to cooking Thanksgiving Dinner?

Many stores and many days of shopping for ingredients and supplies(I needed several new kitchen gadgets for this!), a lot of prep work to be done on Thanksgiving Eve, and a whole day of cooking and EATING.  Then when you think it is all done, you have to make Shepard's Pie with the leftovers and the dreaded cleaning up.  I can't wait to share how it comes out with you all!

Our Thanksgiving Menu:

TURKEY 

MASHED POTATOES & GRAVY

STUFFING
(pic)

BRUSSELS SPROUT CASSEROLE

ROLLS
(pic)

CHEESECAKE


(everything will be homemade with the exception of the the rolls because I can't resist having Pillsbury Crescent Rolls on Thanksgiving)

Today I am thankful for my Mom!! Being 26 and never having to cook Thanksgiving dinner is pretty great, thanks for all the amazing Thanksgiving meals you made our family!!  You made it look so easy :)  Also, Thank You for helping me plan my first Thanksgiving Dinner and giving all your recipes, tips & tricks to me.  I would be so lost without you! I love you!

xoxxo

No comments:

Post a Comment