Thursday, February 16, 2012

Falling In Love All Over Again

Valentine's Day 

Valentine's Day was another great day.  We decided against fighting the crowds at restaurants and stayed in for a romantic evening.  Last year for Valentine's Day I made Trevor red velvet cupcakes and he insisted on them again this year (I am beginning to think this will be a tradition he would like to keep). 


Glorious Treats has a lot of great recipes for desserts.  I used both the cupcake and the frosting recipe from this site.
-  frosting 

For my chocolate garnishes:

1. Lined a baking sheet with parchment paper 
2. Melted chocolate chips in the microwave ( 30 seconds then stir then 20 seconds and stir)
3.  Filled a squeeze bottle with the melted chocolate and created my designs on the parchment paper
4. Put the baking sheet in the freezer for about 2 hours
5. Once the chocolate set, they came off the parchment paper very easily

Trevor surprised me with beautiful roses and chocolate! What a guy :) 



We originally planned on cooking dinner, but after making the cupcakes a mess in the kitchen we decided to order in sushi from Duo.  We have never actually been in the restaurant, but they are just down the road and deliver.  

Sushi, wine, cupcakes, chocolate and my love ... definitely my idea of a perfect Valentine's Day.  

Can't wait for this weekends getaway to NYC!! Have a fantastic weekend 

xoxxo





1 comment:

  1. SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF LOVE IN THAT HOUSE!! ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND AWAY!! LOVE TO YOU BOTH XOXXO

    ReplyDelete